Today I am releasing a video showing a fun card making technique showing how to emboss your own lipstick image. I’ve been teasing images of this technique on Twitter for a while now and I decided to release the video once I hit 400 follows so thank you to all my new Twitter followers and if you haven’t followed yet be sure to add @craftynotshifty for sneak peaks of my videos and fun giveaways.
To skip right to the video just click here.
I really like this technique, you can use a light coloured or clear lip gloss and coloured embossing powder or you can use coloured lipgloss and a clear embossing powder.
I’ve tried this using a few different types of lipgloss and had great success with them, I have found that some lipsticks don’t work as well but I would encourage you to try using what you have at home.
- White card base – 5 by 7
- White panel – 2 3/4 by 4 3/4
- Purple Simon Says Stamp card stock – 4 7/8 by 6 7/8
- Purple panel – 2 7/8 by 4 7/8
- Simon Says Stamp Lavender dye ink
- Papermainia Lilac embossing powder
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink
- Mama Elephant Pandamonium stamp set
- Martha Stewart stamp press
- Heat tool
- Generic lip gloss
To watch my video just click below
Thank you for joining me, I’ll see you again soon.